Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mariah's latest album: an homage to Minnie

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mariah's latest album: an homage to Minnie Empty Mariah's latest album: an homage to Minnie Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:14 am

panxosolis

Admin

Always a brilliant technical singer with an extraordinary vocal range, Carey rises to new heights on that track. "I sing a recurring melody in the upper register of my voice; it's not an ad-lib, but an integral part of the song's hook," she says. "That's not something I've done before, and when listening back to it, it reminded me of how Minnie Riperton used her upper register on her hit song `Lovin' You.' I thought how ironic that her song was called `Lovin' You' and my song is called, `H.A.T.E.U.' - and both use that upper `whistle register' as a major part of the melody. So it's sort of an homage to Minnie Riperton, a tribute to her since she has been so influential in my singing style."

"But after I put this album together and decided to name it Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel," she concludes, "I remembered that the Minnie Riperton album that contained `Lovin' You' was called Perfect Angel. So I felt in so many ways that it was meant to be."

Amazon.com What a Face

https://perfectangelforum.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum