Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

YahZarah aka Purplr St. James

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1YahZarah aka Purplr St. James Empty YahZarah aka Purplr St. James Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:14 pm

ladysoulfyre

Dana Nicole Williams (born June 24, 1980) is an American singer. She is commonly known by her stage name, Yahzarah or Purple St. James.
Yahzarah rose to fame when she became a back-up singer for Erykah Badu in 2000. In 2001, Yahzarah signed to Keo Music Records released her first album, Hear Me. In 2002, Yahzarah signed a recording contract with Three Keys Music and released her sophomore album, Blackstar, in September 2003. The album featured the singles "Wishing", "Blackstar", and "One Day". In 2004, Williams left Three Keys Music and joined the Foreign Exchange Music. In 2004, Yahzarah left Three Keys Music and join The Foreign Exchange. In 2008, she released her extended play, The Prelude.
In January 2010, Yahzarah released her single "Why Dontcha Call Me No More" followed by her third album, The Ballad of Purple St. James in May 2010.

Vocals
Yahzarah is a high-pitched soprano with a whistle register as demonstrated in her songs "Dedicated to You" (from her The Ballad of Purple St. James) and "Bury It" (from her Blackstar. Yahzarah is also noted for her ability to sing in the whistle register, displayed on tracks such as "Baby" (from the Blackstar album) and a rendition of "My Funny Valentine" on jazz pianist Marcus Johnson’s In Person - Live at Blues Alley.

Influences
Williams has been influenced by singers such as Prince, Stevie Wonder, and Erykah Badu. Although Yahzarah has done many R&B influenced songs, her primary musical style is heavily influenced by elements of electronic soul and pop music. Williams has also influenced musical artists such as Sy Smith, The Floacist, and other well-known singers.

from Wikipedia

http://soul-deep-n-thegroove.blogspot.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum